I normally prime all the parts in one work session but recently I’ve been having problems with the primer sort of ‘slipping’ off the parts. Mick Allen spotted this in one of my posts and called me to discuss it. He suggested that maybe I wasn’t leaving the was primer long enough before applying the epoxy primer. So tonight I decided to wash prime and leave it overnight to cure before applying the epoxy layer.
So first, I ran wash primer inside the aileron counterbalance weights and spun the tub round until there was a good coating of primer all over the inside of the pipe. Next I took the parts into the paint booth and sprayed them up with wash primer.
A few hours later and all the parts were wash primed. I will leave it all overnight and put the top coat on tomorrow.