The corrugated conduit that runs through the wings for wing tip wiring needs to be glued into place using RTV sealant or tank sealant to protect it from vibration. I chose to use tank sealant as I still have half a tin left. So back at mixing some sealant…
And then neatly(ish) filleted sealant around the conduit where it meets the rib.
Next I started on the push rods. I wanted as true a square cut as possible so I used a square on the chop saw to check it was true in both horizontal and vertical. I’m glad I checked because it was way out!
I then located the small steel rod and checked the plans like a million times and then once more for luck. I used two different tape measures for cross check accuracy too. Finally, I plucked up the courage and made the cut on both rods.
Next, I marked the points at which I needed to drill holes for the rivets and fitted the rod ends. I popped it into the rod drill jig and drilled it with the drill press on real slow.
Finally, I marked, disassembled and deburred everything ready to prime the inside of the part.