Well the primer has been sat curing for almost a week so today I decided to mount the left fuel tank on the wing. I started by removing the paper that I used to stop primer going on the outer skin.
Next I put some jointing compound on all the mating surfaces. This helps to repel moisture and prevent corrosion in the joints.
Next I mounted the tank on the wing just the same way I did the left tank. I methodically tightened all the bolts and screws in order to help pull the tank as evenly as possible into place.
I then torqued the screws to 15″/lbs and bolts to 25″ lbs. That’s both tanks permanently fitted on each wing. They look great.
I am so glad to have these fuel tanks done. Now I can move on to the next stage.